SIGIS Child Care Society operates from 7am-6pm (Monday-Friday).
SIGIS is CLOSED on the following dates:
- New Year’s Day (Jan.1)
- Family Day (Feb.)
- Good Friday (Mar/Apr)
- Easter Monday (Mar/Apr)
- Victoria Day (May)
- Canada Day (July 1)
- Civic Holiday (Aug.)
- Labour Day (Sept.)
- National Truth & Reconciliation Day (Sept. 30)
- Thanksgiving (Oct.)
- Remembrance Day (Nov. 11)
- Christmas Eve Day (Dec. 24)
- Christmas Day (Dec. 25)
- Boxing Day (Dec. 26)
- New Year’s Eve Day (Dec. 31)
- When these dates fall on a weekend, a day in lieu will be in effect.
- Additional closure dates may exist over the Christmas Break. This is determined yearly by the Board of Directors.
- Infant (0-19 months) $1200
- Toddler/Preschool (19 months – Preschool) $1000
- Families must pre-pay half month child care fees at time of registration. This fee is non-refundable.
- Kindergarten (children attending ½ day kinder or full-day alternating kinder) $650
- Kindergarten (children attending full-day, everyday kinder) $550
- OSC (Grade 1-6) $480
- To apply for subsidy, go to this link or phone 780-644-9992.
- Paid on the 1st day of the month via pre-authorized debit.
- $100 Security Deposit is required.
- Deposit is non-refundable prior to start date.
- $25/year Society Fee is charged per family.
- SIGIS utilizes a software program called HiMama to help stay connected with families. This program does not take away from the importance of face-to-face, daily contact with families, but does help SIGIS educators stay in touch with parents/guardians.
- HiMama allows for contactless check-in, providing daily reports (i.e. meals, naps, activities etc.), ongoing parent communication, real-time photo and video updates.
- Family engagement opportunities are provided to build relationships with families. To support this, centres plan a variety of events that allow families to connect (i.e. coffee breaks, family events etc.). Families are also encouraged to participate in the program by volunteering in the program/field trip or sharing a special talent.
- Families are also invited to attend the SIGIS monthly Board/Parent Meetings and take an active role in determining the quality of care that the children receive.
- Families are also encouraged to complete yearly Family Surveys that are distributed by the Board of Directors.
SIGIS adheres to ratios under the Early Learning in Child Care Act while having additional educators to support with program implementation throughout the day.
(0-less than 12 months) 1:3 ratio
(12 months - less than 19 months) 1:4 ratio
(19 months - less than 3 years) 1:6 ratio
(3 years - less than 4 years) 1:8 ratio
(4 years - less than 5 years) 1:10 ratio
(5 years & older) 1:15 ratio